* This Ginger Chicken Stir Fry is a low FODMAP recipe. If you are having IBS/digestive symptoms this recipe will not aggravate your tummy. : )
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger (use more or less for taste preference) ginger also settles the tummy.
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1.5 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1.5 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 3/4 tsp curry powder spice
- 3/4 tsp tumeric powder spice
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large pan over med-high heat. Add the carrots and bell pepper, cook on medium heat for several minutes.
- Add the seasoned chicken (season chicken with all of the above seasonings) and the remainder of the coconut oil. Saute, stirring frequently, for 5-6 min.
- Add the baby bok choy, zucchini, kale, and ginger. Saute, stirring frequently, for several more minutes, or until chicken is almost done. Careful not to over-cook.
- Add the cooked rice, cilantro, and green onion. Continue to stir and reduce heat to low. Cook for just 1-2 more minutes.
- You may wish to add more of the above seasonings depending on your taste preference. To adhere to the low FODMAP, do not add garlic or onion seasoning.
Join Park City Personal Trainer on FB