Marinated pepper steak
- 1.5 lbs Ranchera or flat iron steak, grass fed beef preferred
- 1/4 cup soy sauce* (go with gluten free soy sauce for allergies)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- Place steak in bag to marinate. (For best results, marinate steak for 3 hours or longer.)
- Add the minced garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and avocado oil combined for marinade.
- Remove steak from marinade, discard marinade.
- Pre-heat BBQ on high.
- Apply the chili powder, black pepper, and sea salt to both sides of the steak.
- Be sure BBQ is nice and hot before putting meat on the grill. Sear meat for 60-90 seconds each side, then cook on LOW and indirect heat to finish meat. (Recommended is medium rare to medium.)
- Serve Marinated pepper steak with in-season veggies like peppers and squash. Garnish with roasted garlic and green onions.
Amanda's Healthy Home Cooking recipes
Get Amanda's Healthy Home Cooking recipe book!