lemon trout recipe is one of my favorite summer dishes – it’s simple, easy, and healthy !
- 3 trout fillets, about 1.25 lbs
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- dash of black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Rub the avocado oil over both sides of trout, place trout on foil.
- Sprinkle granulated garlic, onion powder, oregano, and pepper over trout.
- Top with the sliced onions.
- BBQ (trout still on foil) on low heat for about 8-12 minutes, (BBQ temps can greatly vary so watch closely).
- Flip the trout over and continue cooking for 4-6 more minutes or until done.
- Finish the trout with salt and fresh squeezed lemon, garnish with fresh chives. Enjoy!
Amanda's Healthy Home Cooking recipes
Get Amanda's Healthy Home Cooking recipe book!