Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash soup is delicious served warm, or cold. It makes a great appetizer or side dish and is not too heavy. Vegetable soups are an excellent way to increase fiber intake and veggie consumption, which can be helpful with children, or if you’re not a big fan of vegetables. I love this recipe because it’s a healthy way to warm up during winter months!
- 1 large butternut squash (about 2 lbs)
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 6 cups chicken broth, homemade preferred
- black pepper, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste. I like lots of cinnamon : )
- (dairy tolerant) 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut squash in half lengthwise (scoop seeds out)
- Bake squash 45 minutes, or until soft, on baking pan
- In saucepan med-low saute 1/2 onion, & celery.
- Add 6 cups chicken broth and butternut squash; let simmer for 10 min
- Transfer to blender (blend)
- Nutmeg, black pepper, and salt to taste